The Ultimate Spot Bunk Bed incl Clothes Rail
The Spot Bunk Bed incl Clothes Rail offers the ultimate all-in-one solution in functional yet stylish kids’ bedroom furniture.
With plenty of storage space the Spot Bunk Bed creates the perfect kids’ bedroom environment that will encourage your kids to keep their room tidy while enjoying the playfulness of the design. The all-in-one design is ideal for compact children’s rooms, combining active leisure areas, space-saving, mobility and versatility.
The bed accommodates almost all the elements that are necessary for the comfort and development of young people in a domestic space. It is equipped with a place to sleep, two bookcases, a chest of drawers, storage for seasonal clothes and two recesses, tailored for mobile hangers. The retractable clothes rail (included) on wheels is a surprising and fun addition. Besides the fact that it can be parked in the bay within the bed frame, it can also be moved around the room to create a mobile dressing room.
The neutral colours of the bunk give you the freedom to choose accessories that will create the best match for your child.
The bed requires an extra length European size single mattress – 92cm x 200cm (available separately).
- A combination of bunk bed, bookcase, chest of drawers and wardrobe in one!
- Deep shelves in the middle of the structure and four deep drawers on high-quality rails
- Includes one retractable clothes rail that can be moved anywhere in the room to create a mobile wardrobe
- Four deep shelves in the back for additional storage, with the space illuminated by an LED lamp for convenient use of the interior
- Inside or next to the external open shelves LED lights can be mounted
- Height: 184cm
- Length: 205cm
- Width: 105cm
- Easy-to-clean laminated board resistant to damage and damp
- Do not use a mattress higher than 15cm on the top bunk
- This product ships flat pack and requires assembly
- The top bed on a bunk bed is not suitable for use by children under the age of 6
- LED lights
- Bedding and decor
- Extra Length Mattress
Download Assembly Instructions
Accessories displayed in video are not included.
When will my order be delivered if I order now?
Our current delivery timeframe is:
In stock items:
Deliveries occur on weekdays within normal business hours (public holidays excluded).
These products will be back soon according to the lead time listed under ” When do I get it?
How much is the delivery fee?
Delivery is free to main city centers on orders over R400. Regional areas will be quoted a surcharge on checkout.
Who will deliver my order?
CLM makes use of reliable contracted third-party transporters with a national delivery network.
Safe Contactless Delivery (COVID-19)
In line with government directions, all our transporters will adhere to strict safety protocols. Delivery personnel are screened daily, will wear face masks during delivery and required to sanitise their hands regularly. Delivery personnel are required to maintain social distancing of 1.5m from customers and may only enter a customer’s home if all residents wear face masks. As an additional precaution, it is recommended that customers sanitise parcels personally based on guidelines which will be provided.
Where do you deliver to?
We deliver to all cities and towns within the South-African borders. Main cities are delivered free of charge and regional areas will show a surcharge at checkout. There may occasionally be a remote or high-risk area that may not be serviced by our couriers, but in these isolated cases, we will contact the customer to make alternative arrangements before the order is dispatched.
Can I collect my order from your warehouse?
Under the current COVID-19 lockdown regulations we do not permit any collections from any of our warehouses. All orders shall be delivered by courier only.
How will I know when my order is on its way?
Our distribution office will email tracking details to you as soon as your order has been dispatched. The tracking number may be used to track your parcel directly with the 3rd party courier or with our distribution office. This can be done on the relevant websites.
Anything else I should take note of when my order arrives?
It is important that cartons be checked for visible damages and that the number of cartons/parcels delivered corresponds with the number indicated on the waybill. Please note that the number of items you have ordered may not correspond with the number of cartons as more than one item may be packaged in one carton (e.g. two chairs may be packaged in one carton). Should there be any discrepancy or visible damages, this should be clearly indicated on the waybill and be reported to us within 48 hours from receipt of order. We advise you to read our Terms and Conditions for more detailed information.
HOW TO USE A BUNK BED
- Please note that this product ships flat-pack and requires self-assembly by at least 2 persons
- Please follow the assembly instructions carefully -if you do not understand them please contact us or engage the services of an assembly team
- Please ensure that all fittings are in place and kept tightened at all times as loose fittings may result in child injury or damage to the furniture
- Please be aware of small parts or extra fittings which could be swallowed by small children prior to assembly or plastic bags and other packaging that could suffocate or hurt small children
- Do not attempt to move the furniture in an assembled state as structural damage may occur
- Be sure to keep all fittings when moving as the same fittings may not be attainable at a later stage
USING A BUNK BED SAFELY:
- This product is not intended for use in any other way than indicated on the assembly instructions
- Incorrect use, playing, climbing or jumping on this furniture may result in damage to the components or injury to the child
- Children must be at least 6 years old before they can use the top bunk
- Children should always use the ladder/staircase when getting on or off the top bunk
- Only one person should be on the top bunk at a time
- Only play under a top bunk bed if the lower space is designed by the manufacturer as a play area
- Keep large toys or heavy objects off the top bunk
- Never tie anything to the bed as belts, cords, sashes, scarves or ropes can strangle a child
- Use guardrails on both sides of the top bunk -the gaps in the guardrails should be 90mm or smaller to prevent strangulation
- Guardrails need to extend at least 127mm above the mattress top to prevent kids from rolling off
- Check that the mattress foundation is strong and that the right mattress size is used
- Keep the top bunk at least 2m away from ceiling fans
- Install a night light near the ladder
- Do not use the bunk bed or ladder if any parts are damaged or broken
- Teach kids how to carefully climb the ladder
- Keep bunk beds away from window blinds or curtains with cords – this is to avoid children becoming entangled and possibly strangled
- Check regularly to make sure the bed frame is sturdy and free from signs of wear and tear
- Put carpet under the bunk bed – research shows that carpet around bunk beds can decrease the risk of head injury from a fall
- Keep the area under the bunk bed clear of furniture, toys and other sharp objects
- Check for any gaps that may trap fingers, limbs and heads and make sure there are no gaps of between 95mm–230mm anywhere on the bed as these could trap your child’s head
- In other words, gaps should be smaller than 95mm so a child’s body can’t fit through or larger than 230mm so a child’s body can fit all the way through
- A gap might involve:
- the edge of the mattress
- the bedposts, mattress slats or other structural parts
- the ladder
- any other parts
- Most reported injuries from bunk beds are due to:
- falls from the top bunk while sleeping or playing
- children getting their heads or bodies caught between the mattress and the bed
- children becoming trapped between different parts of the bed
- strangulation by cords or ropes tied to the bed
- injuries from bunk beds are usually worse than injuries from standard beds
- cuts are the most common injury, followed by bumps, bruises and broken bones
- the head and neck are injured the most
WHAT TO LOOK FOR WHEN CHOOSING A BUNK BED:
- When you are choosing a bunk bed for your home, make sure it is sturdy and safe
- Purchase a bunk bed that meets the latest safety standards
- Check that the bed comes with instructions for assembly and use, and is undamaged (for example, make sure there are no cracks in welds on a metal bed)
- Make sure the top bunk has guardrails on all sides, even if the bed will be placed against a wall
- You need a guardrail on the wall-side of a bunk bed, unless the bed is permanently attached to the wall (or built into it) or the wall is free of gaps, protrusions or other hazards
- Make sure corner posts and ladders do not extend more than 5 millimetres above the guardrails or end panels to reduce risk of clothes being caught
- Make sure the ladder is securely attached to the bed and in good condition and never remove it—for any reason!
- If replacement parts are needed, only use those from the original manufacturer; never substitute parts from a different bed
- Get the right mattress
- Make sure your mattress is the correct size and thickness for your model of bunk bed
- Check that the mattress fits snugly against all four sides