Bambu is the truly eco-friendly non-toxic solid bamboo cot for your baby.
The diagonally slanted cot sides of the Bambu Cot create a unique, contemporary look for your baby’s nursery. Plus this truly eco-friendly bamboo cot conveniently converts into a toddler bed when baby is old enough.
The Bambu cot fits a cot mattress of 132cm x 66cm, available separately. Once baby is old enough to get in and out of their cot, simply replace the front cot side with the conversion kit to transform the cot into a toddler bed.
The eco-friendly sustainable and easily renewable bamboo ensures an eco-friendly choice whilst the natural non-VOC oil and vegetable based wax releases no harmful chemicals into your baby’s environment. Bambu is an eco-friendly range of nursery and toddler furniture treated with natural wax, creating the safest environment for little people. Bambu is hand-crafted from the highest quality bamboo at the foothills of the Chinese mountains by specialist bamboo craftsmen.
Designed exclusively for Clever Little Monkey.
- Eco-friendly, safe sleep environment
- 2 mattress base heights
- Slatted mattress base for mattress breathability
- Converts to toddler bed
- Includes conversion kit
The Bambu cot ships flatpack and requires assembly.
Why Buy Bamboo?
- Environmentally friendly. Unlike hardLight Woods, bamboo is a sustainable and quickly renewable resource that can be harvested year after year without the need for fertilizer or pesticides.
- Durability. Bamboo furniture can withstand the wear and tear of everyday use and is far more resistant to damage than traditional hardLight Woods. What’s more, bamboo does not swell or shrink from changing atmospheric conditions.
- Natural beauty. Bamboo features a fine grain that adds beauty and elegance to any piece of furniture and is available in a wide variety of stains and finishes.
- Strength. Ounce for ounce, bamboo is stronger than many types of steel. Lamination further enhances the inherent strength of this amazing plant and adds another layer of resistance to scratches and dings.
- Anti-bacterial. Bamboo is aggressively anti-bacterial. It has a natural property called bamboo kun that kills up to 70% of any bacteria attempting to incubate on the bamboo, be it in its natural form or fabric.
Our cots conform to the following safety standards:
- Fits cot mattress of 132 x 66cm to be within 20 mm of sides and ends
- With the mattress base set in the lower position, the cot sides or end are at least 500 mm higher than the mattress(as long as the mattress is not thicker than 15cm)
- The spacing between the bars or panels in the cot sides and ends measure 44 mm—gaps wider than 95 mm can trap a child’s head.
- There are no fittings (including bolts, knobs and corner posts) that might catch onto your child’s clothing and cause distress or strangulation.